LaunchBox Community Forums

disable hotkeys on controllers using launchbox & retroarch

haxel666

Hi, I am using retroarch for most of my emulators which seems to work really well except for the controller buttons messing up settings i think its due to hotkeys or something similar?

E.G. Mame when i accidentally press back button and another controller button it messes with master volume and their are other combinations which change brightness level.  even though i cannot find in retroarch options to change this.  Also have this problem with spectrum emulator fuse which is really hard to get around as lots of the keys on keyboard change various settings and its hard not to accidentally press them.

I would love the option to disable all hot keys to null as  i dont want anything changed i dont use shaders filters fast forward rewind throttle etc

just want buttons to work in games and insert coin and start button select and start.

Anyone know how to setup this please? 

Whole family plays the games together using 4 xbox 360 pads with my younger kids pressing all the buttons at same time is nightmare :-)

Many Thanks

The option to bind hot keys is in the RA menu under the gear icon, then input, then input hot key binds. I think if you want to set hot keys to "nul" you may have to open the retroarch.cfg an edit the lines for the specific hot keys to read "nul".

For example change the line for input_enable_hotkey = "11" to read input_enable_hotkey = "nul" then save the .cfg. Make a copy of the original one first just in case things get mucked up. 

This is how I had to do it late last year so if they have changed and you can now set to nul in the GUI I could not say since I have not done it since.