LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch and Xenogears

Mizar

Hi guys.

I recently installed RetroArch and set it all up with LaunchBox to work with the PSX. I wanted to re-play Xenogears with all the enhanced feature RA offers but when i start the game, apart some minor glitches than i can fly over, right at the beginning, as soon i move the character, he goes all over the place, it's almost impossible to control like it doesn't respect the graphics and the poligons in the game, i can even go into the walls for whatever reason and then i can't re-enter the rooms so it makes it unplayable. Anybody has ever experienced this on other games and found a fix?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Mizar

• 2 months later...

Hi there. I'm back again with more Xenogears issue and RetroArch.

The first problem as we talked above is solved, the second one i now have is in the interface, most specifically the writing, get all very blurry, almost impossible to read and during the combat phases, there are strange artifacts. Is it safe to say that maybe RetroArch isn't the best for this game or is there a fix? As always, thanks in advance!

Right ok.

Changing the widescreen hack to "OFF" helps for the writing to get in place.

The rendering i prefer vulkan, software works as well.

I also had to change the PGXP vertex cache and PGXP perspective texturing both to "OFF".

The internal GPU resolution i left it at "8x" and the dithering pattern at the "internal resolution".

Thanks so much for the input @lordmonkus :)