LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch Reicast (Dreamcast) only plays audio of games when loaded

TheMadMan007

When loading up certain games for Dreamcast, (Through RetroArch's Reicast core) some of them will play totally fine, and some of them will go into the bios and play it as an audio cd. These are .cdi and .gdi images and it seems to be a couple games in particular. Toy Commander is one of the big ones, where no matter what rip I have of it, I can't get it to play. Anyone have any suggestions?

That's such a bummer. I rather use RetroArch for everything since I have it set to have all my save files and states in my onedrive folder and have it sync through all my PCs and also the interface is much easier to use for LaunchBox, and just configuring things on the fly....

Hopefully the RetroArch team is able to improve some of these cores soon (I really don't see why they focus more on adding RetroArch support to things like Windows 98 and things like that)