LaunchBox Community Forums

2 AIMTRAK lightguns on Sega Model 2

latin625

Hi,  Is there any way to setup 2 lightguns on Sega model 2?  I have tried to modify this code in every way and no joy.

[Input]
XInput=1
EnableFF=0
HoldGears=0            ;Set to 1 to return to Neutral in driving games when the gear shift key is

released
UseRawInput=0            ;Read mouse through Rawinput, allowing 2 mice
RawDevP1=0            ;Assign specific RawInput devices to players. If you have more than 2 mice
RawDevP2=1            ;set which one is assigned to each player (0-based)

Thanks!

You need to set UseRawinput=1 and save the .ini. You can change Drawcross to =0 if you don't want on screen crosshairs or leave at 1 if you want to have them.

You then also need to use a program called Demulshooter, set it in the Additional Apps section to run the demulshooter.exe for each of your lightgun games (it will shut itself off after each game is closed automatically) with this additional command line parameter: -target=model2 -rom=whatever name of the rom for the game. So, for example, for Virtua Cop2, under additional apps set it to run the demulshooter.exe with the command line parameter -target=model2 -rom=vcop2. Just read the Readme file for demulshooter very carefully if you have any trouble. You can then use the same program to run 2 lightguns in Demul the same way (just replace the target=model2 part with target=demul 0.7a.

Demulshooter download found here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149714.0.html

Edited by madpossum
  • Like 2

Thanks MadPossum!

I did as you  instructed, but still get the cross hairs stuck in the far corners of the screen.  I also get a bunch of options on demulshooter that I dont really understand to make out.  It looks like Ids for "mice / guns" but I have a trackball and two lightguns.  I know in the Aimtrak configurator, the guns are set as Device 1 and Device 3.

In Mame they show up as Gun3 and Gun4

Really appreciate the help.  Many many thanks!

Is there a specific version of the emulator that must be used?

3.png

22.png

2017-08-10_1053.png

Edited by latin625

It looks like you have everything set up correctly and just need to calibrate your guns.

Trackballs and Aimtrak guns are both seen as mice by your PC. The PID_1601 device (the one highlighted in your demulshooter screenshot) is your gun labeled device 1 and the PID_1603 is the one you have designated device 3. Make sure that PID_1601 is your P1Device in demulshooter and PID_1603 is P2.  

Now, for calibration, 1st make sure the guns are calibrated in the Aimtrak configure software. Second, just like some MAME gun games, all of the model 2 games each need to be calibrated in-game. Hit the TEST button(whatever you have it set to in the model 2 emulator, I think default is F2?) to bring up the service menu and find the calibration setting and calibrate the guns for each game. I had some trouble with some of the games and it took me a couple of tries to get the cursors to move where I could calibrate them in-game, try moving closer and/or farther away. After you get them calibrated in game you should be good to go.

• Like 1

Ok! so I got them both working.. kinda.  They both move the crosshairs, but only the red crosshairs show up now.  Also, the trigger wont fire the gun.  everyhting is good with MAME and aimtrack calibration.  any Ideas?  do i need to change anything in the ini?

[Input]
XInput=0            ;Enable support for Xbox360 compatible devices
EnableFF=0            ;Enable Force Feedback Effects
HoldGears=0            ;Set to 1 to return to Neutral in driving games when the gear shift key is released
UseRawInput=1            ;Read mouse through Rawinput, allowing 2 mice
RawDevP1=1            ;Assign specific RawInput devices to players. If you have more than 2 mice
RawDevP2=3            ;set which one is assigned to each player (0-based)

;Player1 Device configuration
P1Device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02#8&253a70e3&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
P1GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P1GamepadRightClick = 4096
P1GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P1GamepadStick = L
P1GamepadvibrationEnabled = 0
P1GamepadvibrationLength = 50
P1GamepadvibrationStrength = 0

;Player2 Device configuration
P2Device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1603&MI_02#9&bb9ce79&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
P2GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P2GamepadRightClick = 4096
P2GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P2GamepadStick = L
P2GamepadvibrationEnabled = 0
P2GamepadvibrationLength = 50
P2GamepadvibrationStrength = 0

;Model2 emulator keyboard keys to change in-game crosshairs
M2_P1_CH = 8
M2_P2_CH = 9
M2_CH_VIS = 10

;Enable Pedal-Mode for TTX Gundam Zeon, and set Keys
GSOZ_P1_PEDAL_ENABLE = 0
GSOZ_P1_PEDAL_KEY = 34
GSOZ_P2_PEDAL_ENABLE = 0
GSOZ_P2_PEDAL_KEY = 35

;Offset for devices lacking calibration (Act Labs gun, etc...)
Act_Labs_Offset_Enable = 0
Act_Labs_Offset_X_P1 = 0
Act_Labs_Offset_Y_P1 = 0
Act_Labs_Offset_X_P2 = 0
Act_Labs_Offset_Y_P2 = 0

ok! Got it working!!!!Had to download a clean version of m2emulator 1.1a and follow your steps for demulshooter.  It is super important, like you said, to CALIBRATE THE GUNS! Only remaining problem is the missile button on behind enemy lines.  I can fire the gun, but how do I set the missile button?

Thanks a million once again MadPossum...  Seriously....  Thanks for all the help bro.  Gonna try a few different games now and see if I can figure out the missile thing.

No problem, I just finished setting up my lightguns on my arcade cab a few weeks ago so I know how much of a pain it is to get both working in everything. Glad I could help.

As for Behind Enemy Lines, I don't have that game but I think I remember reading when I was researching it used a different control scheme so the guy who made demulshooter had to assign the missile button to the middle mouse button click. Try checking the P1 and P2 config pages on demulshooter and make sure one of your buttons on your Aimtrak guns is assigned to the middle click button.  

Edited by madpossum

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2017 at 12:33 AM, latin625 said:

ok! Got it working!!!!Had to download a clean version of m2emulator 1.1a and follow your steps for demulshooter.  It is super important, like you said, to CALIBRATE THE GUNS! Only remaining problem is the missile button on behind enemy lines.  I can fire the gun, but how do I set the missile button?

Thanks a million once again MadPossum...  Seriously....  Thanks for all the help bro.  Gonna try a few different games now and see if I can figure out the missile thing.

You ever get BEL working? Can’t get the missile to fire. 

• 9 months later...