LaunchBox Community Forums

Restoring Playlists after Windows re-install??

stevaside

Recently started everything on my laptop from scratch & re-installed W10....I backed up all my files, including Launchbox folder & subfolders exactly the way I left them, but now none of my playlists (That I spent TONS of time on) are avaliable in LB/BB's menus it appears..

Please tell me there's a way to import them back from some file in one of those folders that I saved

Thanks

Edited by stevaside

Just now, neil9000 said:

Are the .xml's still in your Launchbox/Data/ playlists folder?

Well turns out they're not now...but on my backup hard drive they still are...which is weird because I copied every single folder over exactly the way I had it, but somehow they were deleted after I reinstalled LB??

I will try to copy them over & see if that works.  Not sure if there's an import function I have to select, but will try to figure it out .  Thanks

Edited by stevaside

Just now, stevaside said:

Well turns out they're not now...but on my backup hard drive they still are...which is weird because I copied every single folder over exactly the way I had it, but somehow they were deleted after I reinstalled LB??

I will try to copy them over & see if that works.  Not sure if there's an import function I have to select, but will try to figure it out .  Thanks

Just close launchbox and copy them to the Launchbox/Data/Playlist folder, then restart Launchbox and they sould just re-appear like normal.

• Like 1