LaunchBox Community Forums

launch box the file you've specified for the emulator application path was not found

Jack

Hey everybody! I need some help please. I have worked my way through the NES library and started today on the Super NES library. I can not get any game to load or play with the Super NES and none of my games will load and play for NES now. I am uising the recommended emulators for both. When I try to load a game for NES it tells me that "the file you've specified for the emulator application path was not found." All of my NES games worked perfectly before I moved onto the Super NES.

When I try to load an Super NES game it says ""[bad checksum] LoROM, Corrupt, ROM, NTSC, SRAM:0Kbits, ID:, CRC32:00000000

Any help you folks can give me I would be very grateful!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by Jack

Well I will just start out by saying that the "recommended emulators" are badly outdated (need to be updated) and are only a guide and you can use any emulator you prefer to use.

Do your games load and work in your chosen emulator outside of Launchbox ?

What emulators are you using ? It's been so long since I have seen what the recommended emulators are I forget what they actually are.

The error about emulator application pas was not found tells me that Launchbox is not finding the emulator exe at the location you are telling it to be. Did you move your emulator ?

The message "bad checksum" leads me to believe you have a bad rom dump. Does this rom work in the emulator outside of Launchbox ?

It may help if you also post screenshots of your LB NES and SNES emulator settings that you setup (first and second tabs), AND screenshots from one NES and one SNES game by right clicking game and choosing edit (first tab and emulator tab).