LaunchBox Community Forums

Game startup animation

Rollie

Hello I have a small idea regarding how a game would be launched when you select it. For instance lets say I select the Nintendo 64 and i choose a game, I thought it would be interesting to show an animation of the animated system turning on and a rom inserted it. Also for disc orientated systems such as the PlayStation 1, we could get a close up of the console being opened and the disc you selected inserted  and instead of closing it, to make it more interesting you would see the disk start to spin, then your game would launch. Another small feature would be the boot up sound some systems make, that you hear when turning them on could be added to make it more realistic.

Of coarse all system animations would be different, I would love feedback on this idea since i'm not sure it would even be possible.

Thanks!

• Like 1