LaunchBox Community Forums

Error after reinstall of OS

maclem8223

So the other day I switched my OS (Win 10 Pro) over to a 960 Evo M.2 drive and I'm getting an error now when opening Big Box (Lifetime Premium License).  My LaunchBox install is on a separate internal drive that was not touched during the reinstall of the OS.  Below is the error I am getting when trying to open BigBox.  All my games, emulators etc. are within the Launchbox Folder.  I just want to be sure that by reinstalling Launchbox  as directed by the error, that I will not lose anything in the folder (images, games, emulators, etc).  I know what it says but my install has about 3TB worth of data in it.  I don't want to have to do it all over again.  Not sure if something was saved on my previous OS drive for Launchbox that may be causing this error now; however, I'm pretty sure I saved all settings and everything to my LaunchBox drive and not the OS drive.  Any help would be appreciated before I reinstall.  Thanks for your time and an awesome program!  

Edit:  Also, now clicking on a game within LaunchBox no longer opens the game; yet nothing was changed within the LaunchBox Folder.

Edit #2:  Crossed my fingers and reinstalled.  All libraries are still available so no issue there and BigBox opens like normal; however, still having the issue of none of the emulators working.  Direct 3D errors and whatnot on Dolphin.  Don't think this has anything to do with LaunchBox at this point.  May just have to go back through the tutorials and reinstall the emulators themselves, i.e. CEMU, Retroarch, Dolphin....    Sigh....Hate it when things don't work out like they should lol.

59a2fd2c8dd03_LaunchboxError.thumb.PNG.e6a6cb0e3d73c03a2a3c0fe98b8b9b0e.PNG

Edited by maclem8223
Update of issue

14 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

No Dice.  Installed and getting errors with Dolphin.  This is with a GTX 1070 FE (fully updated drivers).  Just reinstalled Dolphin as well and getting the same errors.  Thanks for the directx link though.  

59a317c9a1618_DolphinError.thumb.PNG.568b5211b6db65f8ead6f08dc7df7170.PNG59a317cae2344_DolphinError2.thumb.PNG.860c162fbcd700deda269aef3c4f2201.PNG

Same type of errors when trying OpenGL as well.

59a318547cceb_DolphinError3.thumb.PNG.a98f8a5aae6a33766b32b6a79f2dc42f.PNG

Edited by maclem8223

8 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Did you install up to date video card drivers ?

Yup, one of the first things I do with a fresh OS install.  That is why the error in my previous post is quite odd to me.  Of course a 1070 supports it.

Edited by maclem8223

4 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Well it's definitely a Direct X issue, you may need to try reinstalling a couple of different version.

That is what I'm thinking.  I'm going to go through each emulator and reinstall them see if that helps at all.  Need to either way as the only one working right now is CEMU.

Sorry to waste everyone's time.  I figured it out.  I didn't think the errors I was getting could even remotely be related to this but apparently it was the entire problem.  I was using RDP to reinstall the emulators and what not.  Had a show I was watching so Remote Desktop seemed thebest way to do this.  Well, RDP was the entire problem.  This system is my HTPC and connected directly to my main tv.  Switched to the HTPC directly and ran Dolphin........smooth as butter.  Same with retroarch.  Again, I didn't think this could have caused the issues that I was having.  My apologies to the community.  Note to anyone that may have these random errors pop-up.  DON'T USE RDP TO REINSTALL EMULATORS.....and then try and run them from RDP.   K, I'm done yelling....lol.O.o

7 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

lol yeah I've tried to configure emulators over RDP and more than a few don't work remotely

Ooops.  Nothing was working correctly.  Convenience (or so I thought), just waited a couple hours of my time......lol.:(

On a brighter note, just got a tracking # for my NCase M1 which this build will be transferred to.  Stoked about the case, been drooling over it for a couple years now and finally pulled the trigger.  This will be my ultimate HTPC.  6700k, 32GB DDR4, 1080ti (on the way), Z270I ROG STRIX and some other stuff.  Love my PC's but love gaming from my couch as well.....not a big mouse and keyboard fan.

Edited by maclem8223