LaunchBox Community Forums

Keeping the metadata when re-importing roms?

stevaside

Was explained to me recently by some members that Visual Pinball will work within Launchbox with Rocketlauncher so in the process of trying to learn how to set it up.

From what I've gathered so far, I'd have to re-add all my VP roms into LB & then assign RL as the emulator for them...The thing is I've already spent a PAINFUL amount of time tagging all of them with the correct table name (they all came up as the filename in LB), the year of release & the manafacturer, all fields that were empty. Certainly do not want to do this again.  Any way I can keep all the info or just change the emulator they're set up to use at the moment (VP) to RL??

Thanks

Edited by stevaside

42 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

you can easily change the emulator for them by using ctrl+a to select all the games in that platform and then use ctrl+e to open the bulk edit wizard choose emulators from the 1st dropdown and then put in RL in the 2nd dropdown.

Ohhh ok good..thx...Guess I shoulda tried that before I posted here, but I was sure that wasn't an option I saw come up when highlighting & selecting to edit lol