LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Games control

latin625

Hi,

I have a programmable joystick that can change controls on the fly by loading "maps".  I can do it game by game using shortcuts to load, but wanted to know if anyone can help me in doing it by a list of games?  I have a mame list below with the controls listed, but dont know how to even begin doing something like this in launchbox.  Is this even possible?

The list is abbreviated below.. just a few samples.

Thanks,

[Roms]
40love=4-way
4enraya=2-way
5=4-way
500gp=2-way-vertical
600=4-way
8bpm=4-way
abattle=2-way
abattle2=2-way
abscam=4-way
aburner=analog
acedrvrw=2-way-vertical
acombat=2-way
acombato=2-way
afire=2-way
albatross=2-way
alibaba=4-way
alibabab=4-way
alieninv=2-way
alieninvp2=2-way
alphaho=4-way
alpine=2-way
alpinea=2-way
alpinerc=2-way
alpinerd=2-way
alpinesa=2-way
alpinr2a=2-way
alpinr2b=2-way
amidar=4-way
amidar1=4-way
amidarb=4-way
amidaro=4-way
amidars=4-way
amidaru=4-way
amigo=4-way
andromed=2-way
anteater=4-way
anteaterg=4-way
anteateruk=4-way
archrivl=analog

wow!  That is a crazy amount of work.  How about using Rocketlauncher? I now almost nothing of how to use it, but see a member on another board has given directions.  I also see that it plays nice with launchbox.  Is rocket launcher worth having?

here is the link to the post on all the work already done.  Just need to have rocket launcher in place...  I think?  lol..

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/8411-ultrastik-360-programmer/?_fromLogin=1

You can give it a try but RocketLauncher is not something I use so I don't know what would be involved with it.

As for your question of "is rocket launcher worth having" that is up to you. It's a debate that pops up around here every now and again and not one I am going to get involved with again. I don't use it and don't need it but that may be different for you, just know there is a decent learning curve to it if you have never even looked at it before.

• Like 1

ughhh....  I am hesitate to use it.  I spent 4 or so years trying to get HS working and never could.  Got LB and withing 30 min. had my entire library going.  Gonna sleep on it, but leaning towards not doing it.  Thanks for the feedback!!!

Edited by latin625