LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch, missing per core config?

LogicalEgo

Just downloaded the latest RA build after being 2 versions behind and I noticed that I can not find the per core config option in the options even after turning on advanced options. Is my eye sight just awful, am I completely missing something? Also noticed that my shader config will stick to every core I launch now.

@Zombeaver RA guru can you shed some light?

Do you mean "content specific core options"? That should be in Settings -> Configuration. It's to enable saving altered core options for specific games. I'm on the latest stable at home (but not here at work) so I can double-check tonight, but it should be there. Worst case scenario you could add it manually to a core/game override with the line:

game_specific_options = "true"

As far as shaders, cores will use the shader listed in config order: per-game override -> per-core override -> base (retroarch.cfg unless another is specified). They can also be saved as shader presets on a per-core or per-game level. I don't use shader presets though - I just set them with normal overrides. You might want to make sure you haven't saved a preset by accident.