LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 configurator - Now none of my PS2 games will launch

cleverest

Aargh, I just realized all of my PS2 games will not launch....I changed the games to launch LaunchBoxPCSX2.exe instead as advised and I get a 'loading generic profile' screen (see pic) and then the following error about unexpected parameter, then it fails to launch the emulator...

To fix it and launch a game, I unchecked the box to load Customs shows in the last image I attached here, but I don't want to do this individually for the many, many PS2 games I have...I cannot move the games into the PCSX2 folder, they are in the launchbox\games\ps2 folder...

How can I uncheck this option in bulk or otherwise fix this error with all my other games that have the check marked? Any help appreciated!

- Brett

ps2_1.JPG

ps2_2.JPG

ps2_3.JPG

26 minutes ago, ckp said:

I don't use LaunchBoxPCSX2.exe, but I imagine if you want to change something on mass for PS2 games, just do a find/replace all in the Sony Playstation 2.xml file

Ahhh didn't even think of that...I just hope it lets me UNCHECK that checkbox somehow by doing that... (deleting the right line, etc), I'll try it...

in the ps2 xml on my install, I see that setting value here (example from Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance):

<CommandLine>--fullscreen --cfgpath="Game Configs\Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance"</CommandLine>

So, if it's not checked I'm guessing it would look like:

<CommandLine />

So, I think for find/replace you might need to use regex in Notepad++

Edited by ckp

Yes, I'm using notepad++ and I'm seeing this on every game:

<ConfigurationCommandLine>"L:\LaunchBox\Plugins\PCSX2 Configurator\Config Create.ahk" "L:\LaunchBox\Games\Sony Playstation 2\<GAME NAME HERE>  "L:\LaunchBox\Emulators\Pcsx2\LaunchBoxPCSX2.exe"</ConfigurationCommandLine>

The <GAME NAME HERE> part (that varies in each line) is messing me up trying to delete it and change it to:   <ConfigurationCommandLine />

Tips? :-P

4 minutes ago, cleverest said:

The <GAME NAME HERE> part (that varies in each line) is messing me up trying to delete it and change it to:   <ConfigurationCommandLine />

yeah, you'll need to figure out a regex to use which will match that whole line for each game (so, you know what each line starts with and ends with. you need to get anything in between as well)

I think this notepad++ find/replace using regex option for search mode should work:

find what:  <ConfigurationCommandLine>(.*)</ConfigurationCommandLine>

replace with:  <ConfigurationCommandLine />

make a copy of the xml file and test it first.

• Like 1

Odd it worked, tried RUNE... I exited the game tried and other and it failed...tried the same one again that had worked before (Rune) and it fails, checked the EDIT / EMULATOR and it's back! :

--fullscreen "L:\LaunchBox\Plugins\PCSX2 Configurator\Config Create.ahk" "L:\LaunchBox\Emulators\Pcsx2\inis\Rune Viking Warlord"  "L:\LaunchBox\Emulators\Pcsx2\LaunchBoxPCSX2.exe"

...something keeps adding it?  I'm gonna delete all my references/files in PLUGINS that have to do with PCSX2 configurator....