LaunchBox Community Forums

Applewin Question

alnyden

One of my favorite Apple II games (Serpentine) doesn't work with MAME/MESS but does when using Applewin.  I can get Launchbox to launch the game but I have two issues.  1). It doesn't launch in full-screen.  (Have to hit F6 to fix).  2).  ESC doesn't quit the emulator.  I have to exit fullscreen and use the mouse to press the X button.  Has anyone figured out how to use the emulator properly?  It's applewin 1.26.1.  Thanks for any advice!

R

Hi @alnyden

To start in fullscreen add the parameter -f

You can exit AppleWin by using it's default ALT+F4
To exit by pressing ESC copy and paste the following code into the AppleWin's Edit Emulator, AutoHotkey Script window in LaunchBox.

; This section closes AppleWin when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, spycat said:

Hi @alnyden

To start in fullscreen add the parameter -f

You can exit AppleWin by using it's default ALT+F4
To exit by pressing ESC copy and paste the following code into the AppleWin's Edit Emulator, AutoHotkey Script window in LaunchBox.

; This section closes AppleWin when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Great, thanks for the tips!

Hey Spycat, I have two issues after trying this.

1).  Copying the code into the AutoKey Script Window after launching I get "Error at line 5.  Line Text:  AAA Process, Close, Applewin.exe.  Error;  This line does not contain a recognized action.  The program will exit."

2).  Adding -f does make it start fullscreen but then the game ROM does not load.

Thanks for any advice!

R