LaunchBox Community Forums

EPSXE analog stick issue | lilypad issue | stuttering issue

GunerX

so i have the infamous analog stick issue on epsxe. ive googled around and around trying to find the solution.

there are a few "possible" solutions, but most of them either dont work anymore (outdated) or they break other things.

When playing Legend of Dragoon, holding DOWN (it only happens with DOWN) on the analog stick causes the character to WALK rather than RUN. Normally, holding any direction on the analog stick causes the character to RUN. (not a huge deal I know, but an annoying one still)

According to EPSXE forums, this "issue" was solved in version 1.8 of EPSXE (except that it wasnt). so I cant get any help from them since they think its been fixed (which it hasnt).

According to other forums from google searches, others have had this exact same issue several times, there was once a solution known as "Shark" (or shark enhanced EPSXE), but I cant get that to work, everytime I try to run it it just throws an "Unknown Error".

Others suggested using Lilypad (oh hey, i know lilypad! I use it on PCSX2, its great!). So I dumped the lilypad plugin into EPSXE and to my suprise, it works! Awesome! My analog sticks work perfectly now.......however.....Lilypad causes Stuttering and Crashes in EPSXE for me. Ive tested all night and I have confirmed it is Lilypad causing it. (I spent hours tweaking graphics/sound settings to try to solve this, the only thing that fixes it is to switch to the default Gamepad Plugin)

So...anyone out there got a solution to this problem?