LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulating Dreamcast??

DuMY

8 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

It can be anywhere you want but you have to tell Demul where to look for it.

2017-10-17 18_03_22-Plugins, Maple & Paths.png

unbelievable after 5 hours searching I got to run incredible, I remember that I already had this console but could not play now I have it in my hands !! thank you friend for help the forum needs more members like you!

Hey Lordmonkus, 

I was having a similar issue as the original poster trying to get Atomiswave going, HOWEVER....

I think mine can be fixed with some command line help, perhaps.

First off, I have Demul running fine... I have Dreamcast games running flawlessly through Launchbox. For DC, I can click on a game from my Launchbox library page and it'll load up and play fine.

For Sammy Atomiswave, if I click on a game, it just opens up the Demul program. Nothing else.

Now, if I go the program's preferred route, and put my Atomiswave games in the emulator's root ROM directory, then everything works great. Open the app, run the game.  Easy. So I know my BIOS stuff and plugin mapping is all good.

But that's using Demul outside of Launchbox. 

And I got all my games on an external hard drive, and want to use it through Launchbox.... since it's so pretty and nice to me.

What am I missing here?

Things I've tried:

1. I created a 2nd Demul in LB... I called it "Demul [Arcade]" -- I hope to run all those sega ones thru here, naomi, naomi 2, gaelco, hikaru, cave... what else? For now, only regular dreamcast games work for me. 

2. I've got the standard Associated Platform stuff set up and set as default, with this command line:  -run=awave -rom=

3. I've tried a series of combinations of "don't use quotes" and "no space before ROM" and "use file name only w/o extension." With one of those combos, I get a similar error like the OP up top, "unable to find mpr-2193.ic501 in romset awave" or whatever it is...

Thanks for any help!!!

It's weird because I can get Atomiswave working fine. It works, plays perfect. 

Under these conditions:

1. Open Demul outside of LB

2. Copy each atomiswave game to root rom directory

So my bios must be correct, right?

However, if I try to run the game "demofist" (Demolish Fist) through LaunchBox, I get this:

image.thumb.png.a2a86c73a4b71125681ef3810af12dc8.png

Thank you!!

You know, I didn't realize that I could have more than one path for "roms and bios" .... but that's obviously what "add" means there on the gui. Doh!!

I had my bios folder separately from my games folder, so I was only pointing the program to the one folder, not both.

It's working now through Launchbox!! And Demolish Fist works!

(odd though, that it gives that particular error msg, even when you can clearly see that ax0601p01.ic18 file inside the zip contents)

Thanks for your help, sometimes just talking it out can do it. Have a nice weekend! 

yeah some time the content of the .zip file will change as they will get a better dump of a machine or figure out how to implement something else on the board that previously didn't work. The latest version of Demul from the 12th of this month uses the latest MAME ROMs so depending upon which version you have you may have to source the roms for that version.