LaunchBox Community Forums

Future Pinball gone missing

muppets4

I've been busy setting up Launchbox. I was unhappy with my Future Pinball so I deleted it from the left side of the screen to start over. I don't know what happened, but Future Pinball is not available anymore to choose from in platforms. This results in not scraping any information.

What did I do wrong? And more importantly....how do I get it back without starting over......

The strangest thing..... I just went in importing a single rom file for another system. And there it was.... Future Pinball.... Went back quickly, selected the tables in my Future Pinball folder and ......gone again..... Restarted PC, restarted Launchbox.... not coming back a second time.....

Edited by muppets4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ArcadeCab said:

Just tried to setup future pinball for the first time. Future Pinball is no longer an option for a platform or to scrape. I only see Pinball now. Am I missing something. 

You are asking the exact same thing as I did in the first post. If you read the solution by NJDave71, I think you can solve it. Just like I did.

I did look at that solution first. Since I have never setup FP before there was no backup of Future PInball.xml to change back. Maybe if I would have created it a while back it would be available to restore. I guess I more interested if there was a Future Pinball default and you were able to scrape to Future Pinball as an option. When did this change, why, and will it be back.

As a work around I created a Future Pinball platform not a playlist and have it scaped as Pinball. Pinball is still an available option as a platform and scrape. Also using paint.NET to modify or create wheel art. I place this in the FP clear logo. Since I am using BAM and FPloader had to change the AutoHotkey script to point to run this file instead of Future Pinball.exe.

I also was wondering if anyone has been having trouble finding theme, Wheel Art, and such for FP? I have been looking around and seems very limited or sites with missing or broken links. Some of these have gone down fairly recently. Even on the Future Pinball home site I can no longer download the latest FP exe. Emumovies in fact has only one intro video for FP. Maybe I'm missing something or just not looking in the right place. With such an amazing program and all the hard work placed into tables and mods. Especially since pinball and arcade machines went hand in hand. I would appreciate your feedback. Love BigBox and  hope it will grow by leaps and bounds.