LaunchBox Community Forums

Updating Launchbox

Kmetz7547

5 hours ago, Kmetz7547 said:

Are you aware of this issue ?

I am not, sorry.

2 hours ago, Kmetz7547 said:

It said it rolled back since i got the error updating And now I'm getting xml error when trying to play any game.. please help

Try replacing any corrupted .xml files with one of the backups for the problem platforms. Backups are in the \backups folder and they go in the \data\platforms folder, just be sure to rename it to match the platform you are trying to fix.

@lordmonkus

ok man, this is how stupid i can be... all i needed to do was reboot my pc. once i did that, opened launchbox and it updated fine... now one exception. Im in the middle of loading a sega cd rom. it starts to load and gives the the error:
Retroarch requires "bios_CD_E.bin for Sega CD but could not find it in your system_ directory: "default"

- I open up Retroarch/system and that file is in there named excatly what it should... any ideas? 

Thank You and sorry I can over think things sometimes

Make sure that Retroarch is seeing your bios and that the bios are accepted by Retroarch as correct. Load the core and then go Information > Core Information

It will tell you the bios it is looking for and if they are found or missing. Even though you may have the bios files named properly they also need to have the correct MD5 checksum.59f76e126db46_2017-10-3014_22_51-RetroArchGenesisPlusGXv1.7.4fbe58a9.thumb.png.c295ab8793cfe939107c34f126eb2844.png