LaunchBox Community Forums

Playstation Games not launching

jkuch77

Hi, I have setup launchbox and retroarch for Playstation using core mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll and when I try to launch a ps1 game it does nothing.  But I can launch it from command prompt and retroarch GUI just fine, so it is not a retroarch issue.  Is there some different command line arguments I need to add in launchbox?  I have NES, N64, SNES, and Gameboy also setup in launchbox using retroarch and they work fine, just Playstation will not launch from within launchbox.

image.thumb.png.7f49098fbb3b4ca372b39ca1c4ed4ae8.pngimage.thumb.png.6f3ad760d609e4a1645b33a8cad51cf8.pngimage.thumb.png.cbe7eb27221fb705368bfc9d1540e0b1.pngimage.thumb.png.855b515761af2a6785d4b079a99420b5.pngThank You for any assistance

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but I am having the exact same issue as OP.

However when I go to check if there is a typo in my Emulator command line parameters, there it doesn't display a dll it just lists the core and I don't see an option to edit this text anyway. 

Has there been a change in the way these variables are set?

1 minute ago, Bryn Jones said:

Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but I am having the exact same issue as OP.

However when I go to check if there is a typo in my Emulator command line parameters, there it doesn't display a dll it just lists the core and I don't see an option to edit this text anyway. 

Has there been a change in the way these variables are set?

If you are on the latest version of Launchbox then yes it has changed. That commandline is now a dropdown list,just double click it and select the core in the dropdown. Everything will be set behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

If you are on the latest version of Launchbox then yes it has changed. That commandline is now a dropdown list,just double click it and select the core in the dropdown. Everything will be set behind the scenes.

Okay, thanks. 

Back to the drawing board I go ?

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

What exactly the issue, games just doing nothing when double clicked? Have you the bios for PS1?

I do. Everything runs fine in Retroarch.
I have narrowed the problem down to either the typo (which you've just clarified) or possibly pointing to the .cue file rather than .bin 
I can't check if that's the solution as I'm at work at the moment, but I have a sneaky suspicion that this is my issue.

2 minutes ago, Bryn Jones said:

I do. Everything runs fine in Retroarch.
I have narrowed the problem down to either the typo (which you've just clarified) or possibly pointing to the .cue file rather than .bin 
I can't check if that's the solution as I'm at work at the moment, but I have a sneaky suspicion that this is my issue.

You should only import the .cue files into Launchbox, that could be the issue there. My suggestion would be to delete the platform then re-import with just the .cue's when you get to the media download screen uncheck everything as you already have it all, so the import will be very quick. Also i should ask what core you are using in retroarch, and that is the same one you are using in Launchbox, i think there are 2 beetle psx cores a hardware one and a software one, are you deffinately using the correct one in Launchbox.