LaunchBox Community Forums

New here, question about performance

Jack.

Hi everyone, i'm new here. I'm about to buy this PC for my Arcade Cabinet with CRT monitor so 640x480 resolution.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (maybe i will overclock a bit to get it at 3.0 ghz)

RAM: 4gb ddr2 800mhz

GPU: Ati HD4850

The question is: i will have perfomance issues with bigbox browsing through games? Nothing too fancy, maybe just clear logo list on the left, info on the right with a little box video preview. Something like this or this.

Thanks!

It should be fine with those specs but I won't go so far as to guarantee it because I have seen people with very high end systems have problems while at the same time several people including myself use BigBox on lower end systems without issues. You can check the performance and how to make it better thread for tips on improving performance. Also if you are unhappy with performance and cannot get it working the way you need it to you can request a refund, @Jason Carr is very good about that sort of thing.