LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox "scrape as" not working after update to current version

iSimeon

Hello,

I was using an old version of Launchbox (from mid 2016) and everything was working just right until I updated it to this current version. I will try to describe problem as best as I can. In old my LB (2016) I had roms in these platforms:

Nintendo Entertainment System

Dendy (custom platform, scrape as Nintendo Entertainment System)

Nintendo Famicom (custom platform, scrape as Nintendo Entertainment System)

everything was working fine until update. After update to new (current) version I couldn't run custom made platform games. I can confirm that my emulator is working corretly because when I edit ROM and choose platform (Nintendo Entertainment System) instead of custom platform it works.

So my conclusion is that "scrape as" platform just doesn't work anymore.

Is there any fix for this or download available for old versions?

Thanks!

Cheers!

In your (Nintendo Entertainment System) emulator do you have the custom platforms associated with it?

In tools/manage emulators click on your NES emulator and in the associated platforms tab you need to have all platforms that are associated to use the NES emulator listed there.  

Since 2016 Jason has made a lot of improvements and updates. If it worked before and all you did was updated, then something in your settings got altered. I was not trying to say you changed anything, just recommending you check that connection. 

The "scrape as" function is working. I just added 3D NES emulator and had it scrape as "Nintendo Entertainment System". All the metadata imported and the roms launch fine in Launchbox. 

Yeah I have Sega Mega Drive on my system that is set to "scrape as" Sega Genesis, and it is working just fine for me. The only thing I can think of is that the way the .xml in the data folder worked was changed a while ago and maybe that is causing a issue. Have you tried deleting one of your custom platforms and re-importing it with the same naming you are using now? It will only take a minute or two as you can uncheck all the media downloads as you will already have all the media for that platform.