LaunchBox Community Forums

Best configuron button -Arcade-console-Windows

dov_EL

If that works for you that's great, it's personal preference but that is one weird button layout. I don't mean the button labels but the actual positioning of the buttons in relation to each other.

Here's a bunch of layouts that are considered the standard and more comfortable general purpose layouts http://slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html

The bottom 3 are kinda over the top since no one really needs that number of buttons for anything.

We must try to believe, any configuration different from this posted above, makes all SNES games unplayable,
Try a traditional configuration to play Super Mario World .
95% of arcade titles use only 2 button
5% 3 button 
1% +4 button
All Windows games are natively configured with this button cross arrangement (central). and L + R can not be configured in a different and functional way.
I always followed the trail of what others did, and I was wrong.
Now I fnally play everything

Like I said, if that works for you that's great and it's personal preference.

To me it just looks really awkward for a natural hand placement. I remember in the old arcade days when I would come across some Street Fighter conversion cabinet and it would have some weird layout similar to yours and it just plain sucked to try and play anything on it. I found trying to hit the upper buttons I always accidentally hit the lower buttons because of the weird angles. I also would never play a console game with an arcade stick, only arcade games but that's just me.

4 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Like I said, if that works for you that's great and it's personal preference.

To me it just looks really awkward for a natural hand placement. I remember in the old arcade days when I would come across some Street Fighter conversion cabinet and it would have some weird layout similar to yours and it just plain sucked to try and play anything on it. I found trying to hit the upper buttons I always accidentally hit the lower buttons because of the weird angles. I also would never play a console game with an arcade stick, only arcade games but that's just me.

Street fightert is one of the very few games to support more than 2 buttons (arcade),
And in any case it plays very well.
On the contrary, I do not understand how you can play console titles, with the configuration of the keys that most use on Bartop