LaunchBox Community Forums

Job position for Launchbox?

decimal

Hello everyone and thank you first of all for this amazing project. I know that the LaunchBox project it's not Open Source so i wanted to ask if the developer team( i don't know if it's a team project or a solo one) or the owner is trying to find some C++ programmer to help him build the new features asked in the polls. Thank you for your time ;). 

11 minutes ago, decimal said:

I have less C# experience compared to C++ and C, but good experience with Java which is more close to C# than the other 2. Just for curiosity, are you the only developer in the LaunchBox project or there is a team behind it? 

I am the primary developer. The vast majority of it all has been coded by myself, but @Vlansix has contributed some code as well. I started in Java first myself, though if and when we look to hire we will be looking for an expert C# developer.

Clear, i will start to pick back C# to do some side project with it; at the end what matters is a good experience with data structures, multi threaded programming, DB schemas and a good approach to architecture design. When you will need help and to share some experience ( which is also a great thing for quality code) let me know, for the rest I wish you a good christmas and code writing ;)

If you're in a hiring mood , I know Logo (well mostly, unless i forgot it)

Also did drop in to most of your live  development videos, and i think i almost had a basic understanding  of one of them video's.  Just think with my help updates might even be nearly as fast as  a certain  other popular front end. 

• Haha 1

Sorry another brit trying irony, doesn't work so well in print.

to put it simply Hyperspin updates are still faster than i would be able to achieve. Yes i'm very happy with all the updates that we get with Launchbox (with the exception of lack of trackball support ).

he says slinking back to lurker mode :-)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drphobus said:

Sorry another brit trying irony, doesn't work so well in print.

to put it simply Hyperspin updates are still faster than i would be able to achieve. Yes i'm very happy with all the updates that we get with Launchbox (with the exception of lack of trackball support ).

he says slinking back to lurker mode :-)

Oh hahahaha. Sorry I didn't get it @drphobus. I can be dense sometimes. ;)