LaunchBox Community Forums

New user here. Getting Error "No application is associated with the specified file for this operation."

Roadbuc

I'm getting this error while trying to run 7800 prosystem roms. I can get them to run in retroarch, and I have followed the tutorials on youtube, but not having any luck. I get the same error in desktop version and big box version. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

If you go into manage emulators in Launchbox and edit Retroarch do you have in your associated platforms tab Atari 7800 associated with Retroarch? I do not have 7800 loaded the image is just a screen grab from the tutorial. 

Also if you pick a game and right click, edit, then go to the emulation tab is retroarch showing?

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 5.18.24 PM.png

Edited by Retro808

So I checked the associated platform tabs...and they were all unchecked. I could have sworn I checked that. So I corrected that, but now when I try to play a game, it acts like it’s loading but nothing happens. Thank you for your help!

Edited by Roadbuc

In that same tab is the correct core listed and is the spelling/syntax correct? It has happened before someone put 3 "l's" in dll or spelled a word wrong. 

Looking at the tutorial it should read as listed below:

-L "cores\prosystem_libretro.dll" 

If you can load the core and the game direct in RA and if from LB it is not working often it is a simple disconnect in your LB set-up. Just a matter of rechecking pieces. 

Edited by Retro808
  • Like 1