LaunchBox Community Forums

How to display only "Managed" Platforms?

Keither

I have added several platforms under "Manage Platforms" in Launchbox such as Atari 2600, Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64, Genesis, and Arcade (MAME). I want people to be able to browse through my ROMs by navigating through these platform names in BigBox, and only these platform names. When viewing the platform lists, the ones listed there aren't the ones I've defined under "Manage Platforms", but platforms that LaunchBox identified my imported ROMs as originally being designed for. Now the list for example shows Atari 2600, NES, Capcom Classics, Capcom Play System, Capcom Play System II, etc...

How can I make it display roms by the platforms I configured and imported into, and only by those platforms I've imported into?

-Keith

Are you talking specifically about the Capcom Classics, Capcom Play System etc? If so those are not platforms they are playlists and they can be removed while still leaving the "Arcade" platform or whatever you called it. You can right click those playlists in the left sidebar and delete them one by one, but the quickest way is to close Launchbox and navigate to Launchbox/Data/Playlists and delete the .xml files from there, when you reopen Launchbox those playlists will be gone. There was actually a checkbox when you imported your Arcade games that you should of unchecked when you imported your arcade games, its called "create arcade playlists" or similar and is on the last page of the arcade import wizard and is checked on by default.

Hope that helps you.

12 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Are you talking specifically about the Capcom Classics, Capcom Play System etc? If so those are not platforms they are playlists and they can be removed while still leaving the "Arcade" platform or whatever you called it. You can right click those playlists in the left sidebar and delete them one by one, but the quickest way is to close Launchbox and navigate to Launchbox/Data/Playlists and delete the .xml files from there, when you reopen Launchbox those playlists will be gone. There was actually a checkbox when you imported your Arcade games that you should of unchecked when you imported your arcade games, its called "create arcade playlists" or similar and is on the last page of the arcade import wizard and is checked on by default.

Hope that helps you.

Thank you very much, that did the trick! That's what was confusing me, even though I had "Platform" selected it was showing me platforms and playlists. I didn't realize checking that checkbox created those playlists. I'll be sure not to check that going forward. Thank you so much,

-Keith

• Like 1