LaunchBox Community Forums

Mupen64 Plus (Retroarch) Big Box Slowdown

brenavich980

I'm having an issue with using the Mupen 64 Plus core for Retroarch when launching through Big Box. Normally if I launch an N64 game through the Launch Box desktop app my N64 collection runs flawless and smooth. However, when I launch it through Big Box it's a choppy, laggy mess. Anyone know what might be causing this? I've played with core settings to my wits end and haven't found anything that works. The simply answer would be just launch out of Launch Box but this system is going into a custom arcade which will have no mouse and keyboard input once finished and boots Big Box. Thanks!

I have seen this same problem mentioned in the past but I have no idea what would cause it. It doesn't happen to me at all (or most people) and there really is nothing that I am aware of with Launchbox that would cause this issue at all.

I wish I had an answer to fix the problem but I simply don't have one.