LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Crashing Dolphin

SlottedPig

Hi all,

I have run into an odd problem with the newest release of launchbox.  Whenever my wii remote is on and I try to load a wii game, dolphin crashes.  If the wii remote is off the game loads fine and then i can simply turn on the remote and play as normal.  I tried older versions of dolphin and it shoes the same behavior, and dolphin alone without launchbox does not cause the same issue.  Any thoughts on this.  Obviously not a huge deal just annoying when I have an edge config then I have to get kb/mouse to force close broken emu and use work arounds.  Im on windows 10.

This sounds like some sort of controller conflict issue, though it's not one that I've ever seen or heard of before. Are you using LaunchBox or Big Box? What happens if you disable controllers in LaunchBox completely? We haven't changed the controller stack in LaunchBox in ages, so I'm guessing this is more likely related to updated controller drivers or something of that nature than a change in LaunchBox.

Just wanted to let you know I'm having the same issue. Have to disconnect all Wiimotes before opening a game. This happens in both Launchbox and Big Box. When I launch the game, immediately I see "Dolphin has stopped working." I've also noticed that this happens with all recent versions of Dolphin I've tried. 

Edited by akatoosh

6 minutes ago, SlottedPig said:

I also tried turning everything off and still have the same problems.  I would love to test this on an older version of launchbox.  Is there links anywhere for this?

That's unfortunate, as I've tested on the latest Launchbox version and turning off the remotes always works for me. Are you using a DolphinBar?

Or did you mean you tried turning off controllers... if so disregard that first bit.

Edited by akatoosh

5 minutes ago, SlottedPig said:

I think my post was misleading, if the wii remotes are off, then it loads no problem, its only if they are on when launchbox calls dolphin that this occurs.  Yes I am using dolphin bar.

I'm also using a Dolphinbar. I wonder if opening Dolphin before the game launches would help? Or does Launchbox already do that? Because I know that when you open Dolphin, it takes a second to register the Wiimotes (they vibrate).

EDIT: To be more specific, if there was a delay between when Launchbox opens Dolphin and when it launches the game, that may help?

Edited by akatoosh

Right so I feel like launchbox may be pushing some attribute to dolphin that is causing the issue.  If you open dolphin first even if the wii remote is on, it vibrates real quick and then you can play as normal.  Once you add launchbox to the mix it vibrates in perpetuity while it crashes.  Its like a small issue because you can simply just keep the remote off till after you get into the game, but still annoying if you dont have a keyboard near you to close the crashed dolphin out.

Just now, SlottedPig said:

Right so I feel like launchbox may be pushing some attribute to dolphin that is causing the issue.  If you open dolphin first even if the wii remote is on, it vibrates real quick and then you can play as normal.  Once you add launchbox to the mix it vibrates in perpetuity while it crashes.  Its like a small issue because you can simply just keep the remote off till after you get into the game, but still annoying if you dont have a keyboard near you to close the crashed dolphin out.

Right, which is a bit annoying since the main appeal of LB/BB is to not have to use a KB/M, for me. My theory is that LB isn't giving Dolphin enough time to register the Wiimotes before it opens the games, though I'm not sure.