LaunchBox Community Forums

Import roms

Jack.

I'm looking for a way to sort the roms i want to import in LaunchBox like the MAME wizard but for other platforms as well. For example, if i want to import snes or genesis games, i would want to skip clones and prioritize regions like EU>USA>JAP and other options to skip roms that are not original etc. Anyone can help me? Thanks.

Sorry for my english.

There is no way to do this in Launchbox. You'll have to find another program to move the roms you don't want out of the folder, then import what's left, then put the unused roms back in the folder manually. If you can find or create an xml with only the roms you want, you can use Don's HyperSpin Rom Renamer to move the roms to another folder. 

you can also open File Explorer in Windows and type in the search box for the region you want using what ever tag it has and import only those games that fit the criteria or alternatively use can use that to find the files that you want to remove and either delete them or move them to their own folder

• 4 weeks later...

Region Priorities in Options how does it work?

On Launchbox in Options there is Region Priorities, i've set up US on first.. I have a romset of SNES games, i imported that romset using the options "Combine ROMs with matching titles into a single game" but for the games with multiple region roms it doesnt work.. it set up other region as default and not how i set it up on Region Priorities..

Basically i don't care if i have the physical files in the folder, but i would want to be able to choose Region Priorities for the combined roms so that if a rom has (usa, eu and jp) versions it would be set for usa as default game, instead of manually choose it (especially for big box use)

EDIT: nm i'm stupid and i wasn't using north america but united states, now it works.

Edited by Jack.