LaunchBox Community Forums

Using Daemon Tools to mount iso on game boot

djFai

As per the title I'm having trouble getting an iso to be mounted before a game is booted. As of right now I use Daemon Tools Pro. The attached images show the current attempt. It's important to note that it would appear that the application "DT Pro: Mount Image" is the one that doesn't work at game boot. However, if I manually right click and select that option the iso mounts fine.

From what I can gather only one application can run automatically before the main application?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

What emulator are you using for PS1 games ? The common emulators such as ePSXe, Mednafen and Retroarch do not require you to mount disk images at all. Though they can require cue + bin disk images.

You can try this batch file as your emulator if you must  mount the disk image.

@echo off 
set game=%1% 
set daemon="C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Ultra\DTAgent.exe" 
set emu="path\to\ps emulator.exe""

%daemon% -mount F, %game% 
start /wait "" %emu% 

%daemon% -unmount F

This will mount your game on load and unmount it once you are done. I used this for Saturn games using SSF before Mednafen started to support Saturn and then moved to it.

10 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

What emulator are you using for PS1 games ?

The game I'm trying to get to work (Croc 2) is a windows game, so it doesn't require an emulator. Maybe I can use a batch file to combine my 'add virtual drive' and 'mount image'?

Ahh, sorry I should have noticed it wasnt't a PS game, I just saw Croc and assumed it was.

You could try modifying the batch file to mount and run it but unfortunately I am not a batch file expert so you would either have to figure it out on your own or hopefully someone better at them can help you out.

Is there much of a difference between the PS and Windows versions of the game ? With the PS version and emulator like ePSXe or Retroarchs PSX Hardware core you could up the internal resolution and enable PGXP to clean up the look of the game significantly.

• 5 years later...

You can do all this in LB without bat files just use the Daemon Tools DTCommandLine.exe file not DTAgent.exe

#1 Remove_All:

Application Path: C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTCommandLine.exe

Application Command-Line Parameters: --remove_all                   

Automatically Run Before Main > Wait For Exit

#2 Mount:

Application Command-Line Parameters: -m -l f -p C;\Path\To\iso\file.iso                     

Automatically Run Before Main > Wait For Exit

#3 Run Game:

Application Path: F:\rungame.exe

#4 Unmount:

Application Command-Line Parameters: --remove_all

Automatically Run After Main Application

If The Game Requires DosBox:

Make sure that the dosbox.conf file is created and you also added mount d f:\      (f:\ being your mounted image}

Commands:

-m (mount)

-l (drive letter)

-p (path)

--remove_all (removes all mounted drives)

-u (unmount)

--unmount_all (unmounts all images}

Screenshot 2023-04-13 023054.png

Screenshot 2023-04-13 023120.png

Screenshot 2023-04-13 023135.png

Screenshot 2023-04-13 023208.png

Edited by aztm22
wanted to add more info to help users