LaunchBox Community Forums

Clear all meta data

Solo187

This is something i'd find really useful. Especially when fixing wrongly scraped roms. A simple button within the rom edit screen to clear all attached data. With the  option via tick box maybe of including the media also. This would save alot of time rather than deleting each field individually by hand.

• Like 1

If the rom scraped wrong originally you can go to the edit screen and hit the x next to the database id to clear the id, then just hit search for metadata and you will get a dropdown with all relevant games, when you click one it will overwrite the existing data you have with what you chose. then as @Lithium1988 said you can run the clean up images options in tools to delete images not attached to roms. 

Thanks for the replies but i know all that already. Id just like a simple button to clear all meta data. I dont want to remove wrongly scraped roms. I just want to remove the wrong data without having to do it all by hand. When you have shed loads of wrongly scraped roms for systems like the c64 & they don't exist in the database its kind of a ball ache

• Like 2