LaunchBox Community Forums

[Request] Various Old Requests That were Forgotten

shinra358

So what ever happened to these features that were requested along time ago? Can't post in poll stream so guess I'll ask here. These were things that were 'put on the list' and were never spoken about again that are still highly desired:

-Easing Animation

-Random Platform Background Videos (Changes on platform load only and loops only 1 video, not play all videos back to back)(ex.:ps2-01.mp4, ps2-02.mp4, ps2-03.mp4, etc.)

-Expose draw delay timing control for users for music and videos

Edited by shinra358

1. Easing is natively supported in WPF animations:

EDIT - I think you might be referring to the wheels (judging by the post in the themes section) so I also will agree on this one.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/wpf/graphics-multimedia/easing-functions

2. Random platform BG videos is achievable with a plugin similar to @eatkinola's, but set to only loop the randomly selected video. He would be the best help on this as he already has the random video plugin hashed out, would just need to tell it to loop the video instead of cycling through them all.

3. Sorry, no recommendations for this one...

Edited by Grila
  • Like 2

1. but jason didn't implement this in bigbox right (hence the thread for it)?

2. Yeah, I tried eatkinola's plugin but it plays every video in the folder (even from other platforms) for a platform instead of just that platform's video and as soon as a vid finishes, instead of replaying, it switches to another video without the user switching platforms.

Edited by shinra358

Just now, shinra358 said:

1. but jason didn't implement this in bigbox right (hence the thread for it)?

2. Yeah, I tried eatkinola's plugin but it plays every video for a platform instead of just that platform's video and as soon as a vid finishes, instead of replaying, it switches to another video without the user switching platforms.

1. They are useable in WPF, no matter what program. Having them implemented in the BigBox wheel code is different (see my edit of my first reply).

2. Right, so I would contact him and see if he can do the small modification to only have it loop the initially selected video instead of cycling them all.

• Like 1