LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch crashes as soon as I launch it

torben656

If you have an older PC using Intel graphics there are issues with the OpenGL drivers and you need to either find a build that get around the Windows 10 driver signing issues or edit your retroarch.cfg file to use d3d for the video driver and rgui as the menu driver in order for it to work.

I don't know in that case I've only come across it on Intel systems but if they are older drivers it may be an issue. Best you can do is edit the cfg and see if it works then. If you need any help with the specifics of changing the video and menu driver let me know.

Okay I know for older Intel graphics that doesn't work because it only uses the drivers for that PC most likely if its an older PC there won't be any new drivers for it. If not having GL is a deal breaker you should go to the RetroArch forum and ask I know they have builds that bypass the driver signing I just don't bother and edit my config file instead but someone over there can probably help you out.