New To Launchbox

citycentrefox

The error i am getting is:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Users\cityc\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\retroarch.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have installed Visual c+ 2013.

I am also getting the same error on another PC. 

I have started again.

I have installed Retroarch 1.7.1 64 bit with the installer.  I got this message on installation:

[Content]
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

I then downloaded Beetle PSX HW and placed the Bios files in the system folder. I install Visual C+ 2013.

I load the core.  I direct the core to the BIOS folder.

I try and load content .cue file with the .bin in the same folder.  I get this message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Users\cityc\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\retroarch.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I get the same messages on both my PC's.  Both arte running Win10.

I only used the installer version today.  I previously used the .zip folder download.  However I looked in both folders (installed in Roaming and .zip elsewhere) and i noticed that there were a lot of .dll files in the install folder that were not in the .zip folder.  I copied them from the installed folder to the zip folder so both folders match and the cores now load.  I then set up the BIOS files so they are seen by retroarch.

Opened up emulation station configs and tried the mednafen_psx_hw_libretro and the sound was really crackly.  And Medal Of Honour wouldn't load. It's a must.

Tried mednafen_psx_libretro and that sounded fine but again MOH wouldn't load.

Tried pcsx_rearmed_libretro and it works!!!!!! 

I will now incorporate it into my LaunchBox on the other PC in the front room (Not installed on this one yet).

Am i able to delete cores that i am not using as I only downloaded them to see if they would work.  Also I have a couple of saved games whilst using ePSXe.  Are these able to be transferred to retroarch or have i got to start again?

Thank you all very much for all your help in getting this resolved for me.

Just got to get the VIC20 one working....Blitz is also a must! if not i'll continue using winvice.  Also does the Saturn need a BIOS as well?

Hello Again All

The New retroarch has now been transferred over the other PC and the PS1 emulator is working like a dream albeit with one small problem.

How do you save games?  I have looked online and the answers all relate to RetroPie.  I have tried to alter the save states and this doesn't work.  It doesn't save using the memory card.  Any pointers?

Again thanks in advance.