LaunchBox Community Forums

About RocketLauncher

Hunter_ARG

Is it necessary to use rocketlauncher? What are the advantages and disadvantages of use it? 

I found some problems when using rocketlauncher:

1. roketlauncher uses "bsnes balanced core" to launch the snes games with retroarch and I prefer snes9x core because my computer works better with this , but rocketlauncher automatically uses "balanced bsnes". is there a way to configure rocketlauncher with retroarch snes9x core?

2. whenever I launch a game appear a window asking for administrator permissions. Is there a way to avoid this without compromising the safety of the equipment?

1: Yes, you can use whatever core you want. Under your system, go to the modules tab, select the retroarch module and then the button above that's "global module settings". At the window that pops up navigate to the system tab (if you're using snes, the tab will be called Super Nintendo Entertain System) and define whichever core you want there.

2: I've never seen that myself... you could try setting rocketlauncher.exe to run as admin.

It isn't necessary to use Rocketlauncher with Launcbox. There are a lot of benefits to using RL, but ease of use is not one of them. :D

Edited by fromlostdays

No, it's not necessary at all unless you really need to have some of the more advanced features of it. I don't use it and don't find i am missing out on anything I care about.

Advantages: Offers some unique cosmetic and more advanced use features, some of which will be getting implemented into Launchbox in the future (Pause Menu and Loading Screens for example). Other people can give you more detailed advantages.

Disadvantages: Has a steep learning curve and sometimes you will have to wait for modules to get updated for a new emulator or new versions.