LaunchBox Community Forums

Search in Launchbox not searching "Series"

subatomic09

I've noticed the search feature in Launchbox does not search in the "Series" field. Can this be fixed? It would be very useful to be able to type "Wonder Boy" and have it show all the games in the Wonder Boy series, including Monster World IV, or "Contra" and have it show Operation C. 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, subatomic09 said:

I've noticed the search feature in Launchbox does not search in the "Series" field. Can this be fixed? It would be very useful to be able to type "Wonder Boy" and have it show all the games in the Wonder Boy series, including Monster World IV, or "Contra" and have it show Operation C. 

Thanks!

That's actually more likely to be that not all the games have the series field filled in on our database, so they don't show in search. For example Super C as you mentioned it has no series attached in its details.

Screenshot (422).png

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

I think this issue is that unless all your games in your Launchbox have the series field populated it still would not work.

Edit: already mentioned. :D

Not true, because I can search by Developer, or Publisher, even though not every game has that field fillled in.

1 minute ago, subatomic09 said:

Not true, because I can search by Developer, or Publisher, even though not every game has that field fillled in.

Yes true. If a game does not have series filled in then it would not find the game. If you look back at my post I edited it. so you quoted old text.  

Just now, Retro808 said:

Yes true. If a game does not have series filled in then it would not find the game. If you look back at my post I edited it. so you quoted old text.  

Sorry, i misunderstood. I've filled in the Series fields for my games that are part of series. So all my Contra games say "Contra" in the Series field. But if I search for "Contra," Operation C is not displayed because it is not searching inside the Series field.

1 minute ago, subatomic09 said:

Sorry, i misunderstood. I've filled in the Series fields for my games that are part of series. So all my Contra games say "Contra" in the Series field. But if I search for "Contra," Operation C is not displayed because it is not searching inside the Series field.

No worries. Leaving out "fully" in my original post made it a completely different statement, hence the edit :D 

Yeah that is something I do as well with the series field. Especially to help with auto populating playlists I may make. Definitely would be useful to have it search the series field. 

5 minutes ago, subatomic09 said:

I believe that would be because the series field is not actually populated in the metadata.xml as its not in our database, so my guess would be that its searching in the metadata.xml and not through your actual platform.xml's.

22 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I believe that would be because the series field is not actually populated in the metadata.xml as its not in our database, so my guess would be that its searching in the metadata.xml and not through your actual platform.xml's.

I added the missing Developer myself for a few games, and those come up in a search, so make of that what you will.

• 4 years later...
On 3/27/2018 at 7:01 AM, neil9000 said:

Sorry to necro an old thread but did anyone ever find a solution to this?
I've started adding series to my games and have hit the same issue.

image.thumb.png.bf126801861519e0ddc4fdc5aec65eca.png

I've placed a text field above the title for series so I contract the title and make everything more readable on the screen.

But if I can't search that field it will make too hard to find game, for instance searching Addams will not currently find Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt.

Edited by KyuArchive