LaunchBox Community Forums

Latest MAME .195 / enable High Score Saving

breite07

Hello,

I see the latest MAME build has a plugins folder which has a subfolder called hiscore. Within the hiscore folder is a file called hiscore.dat.

My question is how to I enable the saving of high scores in all of the games?  It is not set up to do this by default (I already tested that).

I used to use MAMEUIFX but it is no longer being developed. I'm not sure I even configured that one correctly - I think I just had to  save the state upon exit.

Any help on getting the latest MAME .195 to save high scores would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

I haven't switched to 195 yet but I don't see any reasons why this would change but look in your Mame install folder (where the mame exe file is located) and look for the plugin.ini file. Open that file in notepad and look for the line hiscore and change the 0 to 1 and save the changes.