LaunchBox Community Forums

Demul not booting

gupti99

Hi,

After following the Demul Launchbox YT setup video step for step I am at a point where I get the following error if I try to start a DC game:

"Unable to find set5v1.001.ic507"

image.thumb.png.b1d4cab7271fb7265a4c91a94b4f37cb.pngI have the DC bios's in the BIOS folder and my DC games are all in .zip format.

I have tried many different fixes to try resolve this issue but none have worked.

Has anybody had this issue before?

Thanks alot!

Thanks for the quick reply!  I have all the relevant bio's. I have even tried grabbing them from different sources in case the zips were corrupted but I still get the error above even if I try "Run Dreamcast" from Demul itself and not via Launchbox

image.thumb.png.81547e7559b408472c2b1c7f91bb1aca.png

image.thumb.png.1044ccd91e86981f81f8316c5e5d66b0.png

It is not in my dc.zip file.  I have acquired a number of dc.zips online from various sources and none of them contain this missing file "set5v1.001.ic507".  . Out of interest and I am not asking for anyone to share it but can you confirm that you have this missing file in your dc.zip? Thanks

image.thumb.png.59a0919163d5ea037eb696fff2d4debd.png

I managed to get the DC roms running in Demul however I have a questions about my Japanese Naomi games which I cannot run.

1) I have a load of Naomi roms however they are in zip format. Each zip containing A gdi file and some additional bin and raw files for example.  I cannot get the games to run. Does the GDI file need to be extracted for Naomi games and if so what about the additional files in the zip?  

image.thumb.png.263d3fcfc803c671cb70d8d7ab8eb9e4.png

2) When I try to run a Naomi game I get this error

image.thumb.png.c19499a82fd01035ab7abae8e7c160c5.pngHowever I have 2 Naomi bios zips in place. 

image.thumb.png.74f05da9d47926df7f531a33d7d3ed6f.pngIs this likely an issue with the bios or game roms?

Edited by gupti99