LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 8.2 final hangs on Windows 10

CrossfitBrent

Team,

I've been using LaunchBox 8.1 and utilized the 8.2 Beta in previous weeks without any issues.  Today's upgrade to 8.2 final was successfully installed although when running LaunchBox, it hangs during the "Initializing" loading stage.  Event Viewer indicates it has an application hang and have to kill the process.  I've tried a full 8.2 re-install and it hangs in the same spot.

image.thumb.png.b6203cce49bda48cf374f884ac567435.pngAny suggestions on how to correct or where to download the previous version?  Thanks.

-Brent

Edited by CrossfitBrent
Additional Information

It looks like there is another thread of a reported issue after the automatic upgrade to 8.2 today.  It was noted to review the updates folder in Launchbox for the previous version.  I have re-installed 8.1 and everything is working alright again.  I'll hold off on installing 8.2 until this issue is identified and resolved.  If you need help or need me to provide any more information on this, please let me know.

-Brent

I'm also having a problem where it stretches a bit and buffers, but now it has got worse in 8.2 to where Windows 10 tells me it's Not Responding. I sometimes wait for it to respond, but now it's getting to where even Task Manager wouldn't even End Task when I click it. I don't know if because I have like 48,000 Titles on it or what, but I hope somehow it will get a fix soon. I'm swearing so much by it that I tell my chick and all my Online Friends about how awesome LaunchBox is and all that I use it on, but I want it also to run smoothly and easily to where my recommendation for this isn't looked as bad too. I know you guys are doing a great job and I know each time it gets only better and better. I just hope there is a way to fix that stretchy unresponsive buffer that even auto-closes it at times as well.

Seems Windows 10 had an Update around the time of this, so things with 8.2 are kinda better for now. I will try let you guys know if I still have any issues with it. Kinda sucks how Windows 10 at times can make things look bad for other developers though unless you do those Updates with them.