LaunchBox Community Forums

No TG16/CD Platform videos

Pr0FiT

So after a hard drive crash I'm having to rebuild my launchbox setup and currently there are no TG16/CD videos available from LB. I know they exist because I got them before but I think they were previously classified under the platform "Turbografx-16" whereas now the platform name is "NEC Turbografx-16". My first though was, well I'll just scrape it under the old name, turns out however, the old name isn't in the list. So, how can I get LB to download the videos? Scraping other data works fine, it's just the videos.

Let me visualize what I'm talking about because I don't think I'm explaining it well

Here is my platform config for TG-16, as you can see it is set to scrape as "NEC Turbografx-16"

platform.thumb.PNG.b09b9de402317bcd8320a6311b5c6b3b.PNG

Now when I go to the download platform videos section here are the only choices it gives me

vidoes.thumb.PNG.c6ef562e7628e0d8b0bd0f6084f9cd7d.PNG

I am 99% sure that when I first installed LB (before the hard drive crash) there was a video for TG16 available but at that time the platform was called just "TurboGrafx-16" (not my platform name, the name of the scraper). So am I remembering wrong and there is no video or is something wrong on the LB side? I think it has to be on the LB side because I'd say at the very least I should be getting the Viking's series of videos or nymy's vidoes, right?

19 minutes ago, Pr0FiT said:

Let me visualize what I'm talking about because I don't think I'm explaining it well

Here is my platform config for TG-16, as you can see it is set to scrape as "NEC Turbografx-16"

platform.thumb.PNG.b09b9de402317bcd8320a6311b5c6b3b.PNG

Now when I go to the download platform videos section here are the only choices it gives me

vidoes.thumb.PNG.c6ef562e7628e0d8b0bd0f6084f9cd7d.PNG

I am 99% sure that when I first installed LB (before the hard drive crash) there was a video for TG16 available but at that time the platform was called just "TurboGrafx-16" (not my platform name, the name of the scraper). So am I remembering wrong and there is no video or is something wrong on the LB side? I think it has to be on the LB side because I'd say at the very least I should be getting the Viking's series of videos or nymy's vidoes, right?

Remove the "NEC" from the scrape as in your first image so its just "TurboGrafx-16" and that should find the Cinematix videos.

So the scrape as part cannot be edited and there is no non-nec option BUT I just changed my platform name and it worked. Funnily enough i accidentally changed the scrape as to wonderswan....when I went to download the video, all the emumovies were wonderswan but the LB ones were for the TG16. So it seems, at least in this specific case, the scrape-as is not used for the platform videos when querying the LB servers but instead the user-given name is....seems kind of like a bug, but hey I got my video, Im happy.

• Like 1

@Pr0FiT No you were clear. That's why I posted the first image showing TG16 listed with the BigBox Cinematix video showing. I was just trying to give as much info in case I read your post wrong. Launchbox does not like the NEC in the platform name when searching for platforms videos. A bit odd since the video creators files come up with the NEC name in some of them.