LaunchBox Community Forums

How to quickly duplicate a platform, including BIGBOX Video, clear logos, etc

cleverest

Wanting to split my SNES / Genesis collection into ones that feature (Hacks), (Translations), (Unlicensed), etc..

What is the quickest way to mass duplicate into another, retain everything, and basically just manage the roms and rename it, etc...?  I think I'm doing this the long hard way...tips appreciated.

I'm unclear on what you want to do here so you want to split both genesis and snes into one how can you split 2 things into 1 I'm a little confused by that statement. If you mean you want to have copies of both of those platforms and then prune them to only have hacks and stuff the best way would be to just copy the xml files from the data platform folder and rename it to what you want the new platform to be called next time you open LB there should be your new platforms listed.

• Like 1

I've started doing this via playlists.

For example: I have one platform that is "Super Nintendo Entertainment System", it contains all roms (ie all Snes related systems all different versions, all hacks, etc)

Then I created the following playlists:

To make this work, there are a couple of things you need to do by import.

1. Force importing duplicate games - needs to be checked.
  2. Combine ROMs with matching titles into a single game - needs to be unchecked.

Doing it this way, you can setup all of the game media under the Platform, then for each playlist you only have to setup the system media.

No need to copy all the images to different platform folders.

You can also share images between the roms if needed. For example I have "ActRaiser (Japan)" and "ActRaiser (Japan) (Translated En)", because they are both under the one platform folder, they can both use the same images eg. "ActRaiser-01.png".