LaunchBox Community Forums

Adjust Big Box Marquee Resolution and item to display

mthompson239

There really is not a setting in Launchbox/BigBox for that. It might be something that can be altered in a specific theme xml file, but I do not know how to do that. By default BigBox looks in the Arcade-Marquee folder of the system specific image folders for the marquee of each game. If nothing is present there than I believe it defaults to the box image. So if you want certain images for each game place them in the Arcade-Marquee folder. Each file has to be named after the game as it is named in your Launchbox set-up. For now BB only supports image files for marquees. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

There really is not a setting in Launchbox/BigBox for that. It might be something that can be altered in a specific theme xml file, but I do not know how to do that. By default BigBox looks in the Arcade-Marquee folder of the system specific image folders for the marquee of each game. If nothing is present there than I believe it defaults to the box image. So if you want certain images for each game place them in the Arcade-Marquee folder. Each file has to be named after the game as it is named in your Launchbox set-up. For now BB only supports image files for marquees. 

Much thanks.  I will play around with it.   As there must be a way as I see others with marquees that seem to be fitting full screen.  See attached.  Here is a link as to how mine is showing...not my video: 

Marquee1.PNG

• Like 1

Are you using a full ultrawide or and lcd that was custom cut for marquee shape? I have an ultrawide and the marquee images work fine without any adjustment needed on my end. To be honest it was a year ago I set it up so I don't remember if perhaps I altered a video setting in the pc settings or perhaps in the Nvidia software. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, ChickenGeorge said:

Don’t gas ️ me for replying to this old thread. I’m having a problem with marquee display properly. Some of the images are showing off centered on my marquee or not at all. Any assistance or if somebody changed a xml file please assist

An image of what you are seeing would be helpful.

What type of screen are you using? Also what version are you on as there are some new features in the betas to help with marquee images (specifically good with cut marquee screens like many have started using).

Don’t gas ️ me for replying to this old thread. I’m having a problem with marquee display properly. Some of the images are showing off centered on my marquee or not at all. Any assistance or if somebody changed a xml file please assist

Marquee screen is

litemax brand 

model:SSD2815

1366x256 per their model specs 

1050ti 4b 

1366x 768 resolution on dvi & 

dvi input on a disport adapter to  same recommended resolution per windows. 

171A01A9-1EA8-46AD-AF5B-95889E4BD306.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

An image of what you are seeing would be helpful.

What type of screen are you using? Also what version are you on as there are some new features in the betas to help with marquee images (specifically good with cut marquee screens like many have started using).

I’m on 12.6 I believe the latest version 

Marquee screen is 

litemax brand 

model:SSD2815

1366x256 per their model specs 

1050ti 4b 

1366x 768 resolution on dvi & 

dvi input on a disport adapter to  same recommended resolution per windows. 

171A01A9-1EA8-46AD-AF5B-95889E4BD306.jpeg

Edited by ChickenGeorge

4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@ChickenGeorge OK. We would either have to edit a Marquee View xaml for you or you can download the latest beta as it has marquee settings you can adjust to set the image better for that type of screen. That is if your license has not expired and you can still download updates.

Soon as I sent this I thought damn xml file. But idk where yo adjust it.

1. The beta is available where? 

2. I’m trying to us “unified “theme but I have no wheel art . I looked in forum but im not following something where do I get the wheel art for the themes? 

3. How involved in adjust the resolution in the xml file? 

appreciate the speedy replies and direction. 👌 

2 minutes ago, ChickenGeorge said:

1.. The beta is available where? 

In LB > Tools >Options >Updates

3 minutes ago, ChickenGeorge said:

2. I’m trying to us “unified “theme but I have no wheel art . I looked in forum but im not following something where do I get the wheel art for the themes?

Those have to either be downloaded from within the LB media scraping, from our forum, or you can add them to your images folder from anywhere else you might get clear logos. From within LB if you select either all games in a platform or all your games the go to >Tools >Download >Update Metadata and Media for Select Games you can move through the media wizard and when you get to the image types just uncheck all and then check only "Clear Logos". Keep in mind it will all depend on the style of clear logos you want for the wheel. Specific one you can download from the forum. The LB media wizard usually downloads the versions that are just the png of the games logo.

8 minutes ago, ChickenGeorge said:

3.  How involved in adjust the resolution in the xml file?

It does require a bit of coding. There is another thread where I have a modified one for a similar style screen. I will see if I can find it and link to it.

• Like 1