LaunchBox Community Forums

Anyone have Mousetrap working in newer MAME

DerHof2007

I did a MAME upgrade from 147 to 195.
I only have about 200 roms in my collection.
But this upgrade killed a good 10% of those. Spent quite a few hours between last night and this morning acquiring the proper updates.
Way more effort than it should have been as it wasn't as simple as downloading the latest rom for quite a few of them... had to combine bins from various different versions and other headaches.

I manged to get 99.9% working. My only non working rom at this time is Mousetrap (mtrap.zip)

I've searched all over and this seems to be an issue for most... unless running an older version.
The culprits are 3 bin files missing
74s288.6c
74s10n.1c
74s288.3d

I know no one can post links to roms here so I'm not asking that. But if someone can tell me if these aren't even available then I could just abandon this mission for now.
So, just wondering if anyone has this rom with these 3 bin files?

I'm thinking worse case scenario I can have 2 versions of MAME in my cabinet until this issue is resolved.

I tested this with the rom set I currently have, not sure what set it is but it's not horribly out of date yet and the 194 build of Mame and got the same missing rom error message.

I downloaded the mtrap.zip from the 197 rom set and those files are in it and do work in 194 Mame.

So if you can get the latest version from the 197 rom set it will work.

8 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I was checking this when Monkus replied I have two of those files in mine but the 3rd one is 2410n.c not 74 don't know if that is just a typo or if Monkus has it with 74 and not 24 but mine is from the latest rom set

Yeah, that was a typo.
24s10n.1c is what it should have been.

Heh, after all these years of using MAME I just learned that update packs are not full roms but just the changes or additions. Knowing this and knowing that the site I go to has a long line of update packs would have saved me some time hunting down these things individually.
Unfortunately after getting update packs from 184 to 197 still nothing for Mousetrap :-(
AFAIK the sites roms are current to 188 so getting update packs further back will be no help.