LaunchBox Community Forums

Suddenly No Platforms Launch With Retroarch

sipes760

I have not changed any of the  Launchbox configurations, yet all of a sudden no games for any platform launch with retroarch. The game were running just fine until I updated Retroarch, and now they will not launch at all. I changed the path in Launchbox to pint to the new version of Retroarch, but that didn't help. when I double-click the game in Launchbox it shows the hourglass for a second but nothing loads. Retroarch runs fine when not trying to load it with Launchbox. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by sipes760

12 minutes ago, sipes760 said:

I have not changed any of the  Launchbox configurations, yet all of a sudden no games for any platform launch with retroarch. The game were running just fine until I updated Retroarch, and now they will not launch at all. I changed the path in Launchbox to pint to the new version of Retroarch, but that didn't help. when I double-click the game in Launchbox it shows the hourglass for a second but nothing loads. Retroarch runs fine when not trying to load it with Launchbox. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

If you just changed the emulator path rather than actually adding a new emulator it should still work. To check though try bulk editing a platform. Click on a game then CTRL A to highlight them all, then CTRL E to open the bulk edit wizard, choose emulator from the first dropdown and Retroarch from the second and finish out the wizard, then test a game in that platform.

Bulk editing did not work. What is weird though, is when I right click on a game and select open retroarch it opens retroarch's main menu which tells me it is locating the Retroarch program it just will not load any games.

Edited by sipes760

are you on the latest beta version of LB and do you have config loading in the command line there has been some changes to the program recently that had adverse effects if you had configs any chance we can see a image of associated platform list for RetroArch in the LB manage emulators settings?