LaunchBox Community Forums

A few "requests"

Romfrosk

Hello.

I've been using your amazing software for some time, and i'd like to share some of my requests.

1: Show a total number of scraped media after import of a system, and when scraping specific game(s)

2: In Platform Management (Tools - Manage Platforms) i'd love to see a tab called "Scrape as" together with Platform Name | Folder | Assiciated Games

3: When Scraping media through "Import Rom Files" it states that using Wikipedia is not recommended.
It does not state that when importing through Tools - Metadata and Media.

4: Allow higher RAM usage for cache if needed. today the max is 4096, and setting a higher number in the .XML causes a crash stating that the value is not within min/max

Edit1:
5: Add an easier way to see how much artwork you're missing.

I'll probably get back with more :)
Edit: Didn't take long :P

Edited by Romfrosk

I'd also love to see the possibility to add Subcategories and subplatforms.

This would be useful for large libraries like i have.

I'd like to sort Consoles into Generations, without creating a new main category for each.
This would also be nice to have under computers.

-------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to subplatforms, i have a lot of platforms that needs to run different mame commands.
As an easy fix, i've created new platforms containing the rom extensions that needs these specific commands.
It would be neat to be able to create for instance: 

BBC Microcomputers
-- Floppy
-- Cassette
-- Cartridge

instead of 
BBC Microcomputers [Floppy]
BBC Microcomputers [Cassette]
BBC Microcomputers [Cartridge]

This way all "versions" of BBC Micro would be linked to one specific platform, and it would also keep the imagenumbers down, as multiple games might use the same image.

-----------------------------------------------------

Also, i've noticed that multiple of the platforms i've added that is not in the default platform lists, seems to pick up artwork from other platforms.
LIke i have a 101 Dalmatines games for DS and the same title for another platform.
But the other obscure PC platform has chosen to download the Nintendo DS artwork for it

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

#14 on the last poll, it's the last item on the poll that made the cut so it should be getting implemented at some point but it could be a while since it was #14.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-V9D22LCH8/

Awesome :)

I've only heard about this poll. but never seen it :)
I'll definitely check it out, and join in next round :)

• Like 1