LaunchBox Community Forums

Citra fullscreen?

Lukeyboy67

On 4/25/2020 at 12:00 AM, earthprime said:

I finally got this running, using tips in this thread, and modifying the hotkeyscript:

1) Run citra-qt.exe (also make sure the emulator path is pointing to this in LaunchBox)
2) Set a checkmark on menu View->Fullscreen
3) Set menu View->Screen layout->Large screen
4) Enter the following 'RunningAutoHotKey Script' in CItra's emulator config in Launchbox:

Sleep, 1000
SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
Send {F11}
Return

5) To create settings to smoothly exit Citra back to LaunchBox:
In Launchbox, tools>options>Game Controllers>Mappings - assign 'Exit Game' to something like the START and SELECT button at the same time (Button 7 + Button 8).

Launch a game from Launchbox, and it should load full-screen in CItra with no bars.  Then press/hold START and SELECT   and it should exit Citra and return you to Launchbox.

@Spottyfriend, I was not able to modify the config file. If I saved it, it would run once in fullscreen and reset any changes made (full screen true, etc). I was able to resolve following earthprime's easy script. Just wanted to chime in if you were still having issues. Kind of silly that Citra can't be set to fullscreen by default like EVERY OTHER EMU. ;)

• 6 months later...

A much simpler fix I discovered with some trial & error, for those not wanting to use any scripts. Just make sure you've configured emulator settings, your controllers, etc. first.

Step 1: Open Citra-QT and make sure that View > Fullscreen is checked. Close the emulator if you wish.

Step 2: Navigate in File Explorer to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Citra\config

Step 3: Right-click the qt-config.ini file, go to Properties, and then check the "Read-only" box and click OK.

No need for scripts! Since exiting a fullscreen game requires leaving fullscreen first, the qt-config.ini file was changing Fullscreen to false. Setting permissions to read-only prevents the file from being modified, thus preserving the fullscreen=true setting.

Note: You may need to perform these steps again after an emulator update, as it may overwrite the permissions and/or the file contents of qt-config.ini.

• Like 3

I think what is happening is hitting escape in Citra automatically exits fullscreen mode. So I set citra's exit script in the emulator settings to

Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

and now it is not reverting out of fullscreen on exit.

Edited by mdreffet