LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox is not initializing game emulators.

LiveSorcerer

And I also noticed a certain slowness in the transitions between the platforms.
Follow my setup:
Case: Original Xbox
Mobo: Biostar A68N-5545
CPU: AMD A8 5545 1.7GHz@2.7GHz
GPU: Galax Nvidia GT 1030
RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1600 (16GB)
SSD: Western Digital Green (120 GB)
HDD: Seagate FireCuda (2 TB)
PSU: Apevia ITX-AP300W
Currently LB / BB and Retroarch are installed on the 2TB HDD and not on the 120GB SSD.

1 hour ago, LiveSorcerer said:

Yes, I'm running in admin mode.
At the moment I'm at work, but when I go home, I can make a video demonstrating the problem.

It is recommend you not run Launchbox or BigBox in admin since it can cause issues with emulators that require elevation when ran. This is likely what is causing your problem. 

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

It is recommend you not run Launchbox or BigBox in admin since it can cause issues with emulators that require elevation when ran. This is likely what is causing your problem. 

It is occurring in the 2 cases:
First in normal mode
Second in admin mode.

I would try either reinstalling the latest update over the existing one you can find it in the updates folder and it will only overwrite you .exe files and none of your data if that doesn't work I would try making a new folder and reinstalling it there and then copying your data over to that and see how it goes.

22 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I would try either reinstalling the latest update over the existing one you can find it in the updates folder and it will only overwrite you .exe files and none of your data if that doesn't work I would try making a new folder and reinstalling it there and then copying your data over to that and see how it goes.

It would be a great idea.
Currently LB / BD is installed on the 2TB HDD, in addition to Retroarch and the ROMs folder.
It could improve performance if you only install the LB / BD on the 120GB SSD and keep the rest on the 2TB HDD.
What installation do you usually do to make LB / BD work 100%?

I just use LB and BB from a data drive over USB 3.0 and it works fine for me. Its been said there are performance gains from running LB from your SSD but I personally prefer to run my OS from the SSD with as little of anything else on it as possible.

If you reinstall into your existing folder it won't change anything except the .exe files so if the issue was with those files it can fix the issue and it won't negate any of the work you have already put into it. If you have to install to a new folder you can simple copy a bunch of you current directories into that install and everything should work just like your original setup.