LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Merged Sets

sdetert

Is there away to set the default rom to run through launchbox/bigbox when using the Mame Merged Set?  For example I want to play the 2 player version of Teenage mutant ninja turtles but it always starts up with the 4 player version.  The rom set I am referring to is tmnt and I have similar issues with other 4 player games that have a two player clone.

I did change the game setting "play mode" to 2 player but that didn't appear to do anything 

image.thumb.png.de808c4d589fae4df88a9023f94b857a.pngI occasionally have people over and we use the 4 player mode so I don't want to just delete those files out of there.  Is there any easy way for LaunchBox to control this? Is the best solution to "create" a 4 player game and a 2 player game in LaunchBox copying and manipulating the rom files?

Thanks in advance for the help

I think you can just change the name of the zip it is referencing to the 2 player name and it should fix it.

Edit Actually I just deleted .zip from one of my games and LB still launched it so you can actually just add the name of the 2 player rom without needing to rename it I believe. I have a split set so can't test but I believe that is how it will work.