LaunchBox Community Forums

Marquee image priorities

Klopjero

Hi,

would it be possible to implement a Marquee image priority setting ?
Currently for systems it looks at banners, and for games it looks for boxes. and there is no way to change that.

Background images in BB looks for fanbackground and then clear logos (or maybe that's per theme, I'm not sure) so it prioritizes images in the background folder and if it doesnt find any it looks for images in the clear logo folder.
Could something similar be programmed so that marquees are looked for in the banner or clear logo folder instead of the box - front folder? and as a bonus, currently the background color of the marquee is set to black and the box is displayed on top of that. could it be possible to have a custom marquee background image that the user could specify.

• Like 1

It would be possible to add, but likely will not happen anytime soon. Upgrades to marquee support just missed the cut off line from the last poll. So we may have to be patient on this. I am hoping soon enough we can get some additional upgrades to marquee support as it is something I use on each of my setups. I would love if marquees could display gifs or videos. 

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

It would be possible to add, but likely will not happen anytime soon. Upgrades to marquee support just missed the cut off line from the last poll. So we may have to be patient on this. I am hoping soon enough we can get some additional upgrades to marquee support as it is something I use on each of my setups. I would love if marquees could display gifs or videos. 

I'd settle for being able to choose clear logo's 

7 minutes ago, strizzuth said:

But...  You can already do that... 

Untitled-3.jpg

He is talking about the marquee image on a second screen. What you are showing changes the box art image. Right now the default for a marquee image is the marquee folder. In the absence of an image there it defaults to box art folder. There is not an image priority option for marquee like there is for boxart and background image priorities. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

He is talking about the marquee image on a second screen. What you are showing changes the box art image. Right now the default for a marquee image is the marquee folder. In the absence of an image there it defaults to box art folder. There is not image priority option for marquee like there is for boxart and background image priorities. 

*picks up jaw* okay...  that's what I get for not thinking... I can just make a dynamic link to to the clear logo folder and that would take care of the immediate issue....thanks @Retro808