LaunchBox Community Forums

Organizing Rom Hacks

mcos87

Hey, sorry if this has been asked before but I can’t find a clear answer after searching around for a while.

I’ve used Launchbox/Big Box for a few years now but I would say I’m definitely a nOOb and least at the finer details.  Never went “all in” until a couple weeks ago.

I’m a huge SMW hack fan, majority of what I play.  But I have big hack/fan made libraries This has nothing to do with box art or backgrounds.

I have successfully imported my hacks under different categories

Hacks NES

Hacks SNES etc.

My question is, is there any way to make a “Rom Hack” platform category that would show up on the main platform wheel in Launchbox?  Then when I select I could get my sub hack categories?  Or any kind of similar suggestion?  Any art is unnecessary, I’ll get to that someday.

or just point me to the right thing to search around for?

thank you

Ok, thanks.  Now one last question since I haven't started to explore playlists yet, that was next on my list.  If I add all of the hacks from NES SEGA SNES etc to a Rom Hack playlist can I then hide the Hack platforms that I created?  Just don't want that much on the wheel with no art and all that.

22 minutes ago, mcos87 said:

My question is, is there any way to make a “Rom Hack” platform category that would show up on the main platform wheel in Launchbox?

Yes, just edit one of your hack platforms and edit the category for it, you aren't restricted to only the ones in the dropdown menu, just type in what you want such as "Rom Hacks". Then you will have a platform category called "Rom Hacks" and then you can edit the other rom hack platforms you have and change the category they show in.