LaunchBox Community Forums

What do ya'll think of this cabinet kit?

I'm curious to find out what people think of this cabinet kit. Unfortunately I don't have the tools to build one myself from scratch and I'm physically disabled so I'm on a limited fixed income so something like this would be a huge to task to save up for so I'd also like to know what people think about the price of the kit. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/610232763/easy-to-assemble-2-player-cabaret-arcade?ref=shop_home_active_8

1 hour ago, Rincewind said:

Looks ok to me but it will arrive flat packed so there will still be an element of building it but nothing to taxing I'm sure

The flatpack part of it I would personally think is a benefit, since then the delivery guy could bring it up the stairs and in my apartment easier. The only nice thing is that with it being a flatpack it might be possible to assemble it dry (no wood glue) so that if I ever move it'll be easier to take apart if need be. That was my thinking on it, but outside of growing up playing in arcades I don't really have any experience with arcade cabinets themselves.

34 minutes ago, voicesinthedark said:

so that if I ever move it'll be easier to take apart if need be

Just know ahead of time that MDF does not like to be disassembled, judging by the pics it uses plain screws and that is not something that lends itself well to reassembling of MDF products.

19 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Just know ahead of time that MDF does not like to be disassembled, judging by the pics it uses plain screws and that is not something that lends itself well to reassembling of MDF products.

you know until you said that and I looked at the pictures and description of it again I never noticed the kit uses screws directly into the batons and not bolts, washers, and nuts. Good catch, thanks for that.

really starting to wish someone on here made kits. lol

Edited by voicesinthedark