LaunchBox Community Forums

LB Run as Admin issues

Bobsaidwzob

Right now I have all of my roms on a WD MyCloud and would like to keep it that way. There are two related issues I am having. One, I cannot load any wii or gamecube games because the program wants me to run it as an admin. I did that but when I run as admin, it doesn't recognize the cycloid and doesn't load any games. LB acts like the drive disconnected from the network, which it did not. When I don't run as admin all of the games show up as they should. Is there any other way to avoid the requires elevation error for wii/gcn games without running as an admin?

The other issue I am having is dolphin related. I compressed all of my gcn isos in dolphin to gcz format. If I try to double click on that file either in LB or in the root folder, dolphin won't load it. There is some sort of parameter error. This is another issue where dolphin acts like the network drive is offline when it is not. I cannot add this drive as a directory in dolphin because it says it is offline. I'm not sure how to get around that.  I also cannot find a fix for this online. My command line in LB is -b -e. The games were working fine before I compressed them. The compressed games only load when the list is populated in dolphin itself and then i double click on the game inside of dolphin. Anywhere outside of dolphin no matter where the file is located, on my c drive or elsewhere, it gets the same parameter error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wondering if it's an issue with how your accessing, and more importantly, how LB is accessing the ROMS on your WD Cloud.  Do you have the cloud mapped to a local drive on your PC (eg. W: or something) or are you accessing it via the hostname \\WDMYCLOUD\ or the local IP?  If it's the hostname or IP, I would suggest mapping the My Cloud to a local drive letter instead, then then getting LB to access it via the local drive letter.  That way LB just thinks it's a local drive, even though it's a NAS location.  Just a thought, not sure if this will fix both issues or not, but it's worth trying if you're not already accessing it via a local mapped drive :)

Edited by CDBlue

Hmm ok.  2nd thought.... by chance do you have your emulator(s) installed in your program files or program files x86 folders?  If so, I would suggest moving them to another location your HD such as C:\Games or something similar.  Typically the only time you need to run them as admin is because they're in a location that require admin rights to be able to create/modify files (such as program files).  If they're located in a non-admin needing location typically they just work fine.  Again, just shooting at the dark here, but those were two obvious things I thought of as I saw what issues you're having.  Hope any of this is at least a little bit helpful.

Edit: same goes for LB.  My suggestion if if it's not needed, it's always best to install it in a location where admin rights is not typically needed to run things (such as C:\Games).  And LB does not need to be in the program files (or x86 folder).

Edited by CDBlue

Okay you say you converted your games to a different format was this after you already imported them into LB under the old format? If so that is why they don't work if LB is looking for Mario Sunshine.iso but your file is now Mario Sunshine.gcz then LB is still trying to launch the iso which is no longer there you will either have to edit your xml to change all the file extensions or reimport your games again.